La Paz, Bolivia: The trick of catches fraudsters
After an eventful bus tour to Lake Titicaca brings me finally back in La Paz in this impressive, depressing, loud, slow, busy, sleepy, dirty, enchanted, totally different city at 3500 meters altitude in the Bolivian Andes. It's late, I'm tired, and even at the central bus station square in the center of the city there is only dämmeriges light from the few Straßenfunzeln still work. An inhospitable place, almost deserted except for a few dark characters? like nothing away here.
Once I get my luggage from the baggage compartment had ripped out, looking for a taxi. And since he already is. What a luck! The driver is looking for another passenger - and comes shortly afterwards with a slightly dicklichen Bolivianerin mid-30 back. The two are quite talkative and clarify me on that, in recent times repeatedly alleged that police checks. One was the annoying, but also good because finally something against crime would be done.
And already he stands on the roadside? our policeman, holds the taxi and with an equal increase. During the same journey continues, it controls only other times the Passenger. Querulous that he has found nothing, he then my backpack, plug deep inside his head, according schnüffelnd drugs. Illuminates my money and looking for counterfeit tickets. My Beifahrerin begins at the policemen to insult: He should be me, the innocent tourists, but leave in peace? but he can not hold prejudice my next bag and repeat the procedure.
Next, he wants to examine whether my credit card was in order. He could by phone with Bolivian bank check and I let him but please notify the PIN. What? A Bolivian police announce my PIN number? "Ni loco"? In no case, I tell him. I suggest to him that he should me the first two digits say, then I could confirm the other two? The credit card issue, he subsequently agreed on. Again and again he takes up in my backpack.
We still somewhat curves around in the city, through dark quarters, orientation, I have long been no more. Then, finally holds the taxi and leave me at any street corner away. I grab my backpack, and only because is clear to me that it is beginning to a abgekartetes game was. My camera is gone, the portion of cash, I do not worn on the body and also had my credit card stuck upside down in the wallet. Is this really my!
For the whole melee in the taxi have all three all the time a perfect play list? and I was on the main characters have become without noticing. Thieves trick clarifies me the next day at the police station, which was quite normal here. Why no warnings at the airport would dispense? "That would be too expensive for us to the airport is in private hands."
No comments:
Post a Comment