Monday, December 22, 2008

In 80 days around the world - with electric cars.

The world with the electric car is too late - and the next begins soon. The solar taxi is 18 months after driving back home in Lucerne Louis Palmer arrived. But for the globetrotting the world tour was only a first test drive.
  The World Climate Change Conference is over - and thus the official end of the world circumnavigation of the solar taxis. Now I drive home to Lucerne, where our trip finally ends. But earlier in Thalheim we equip our main sponsor Q-Cells a visit, and in Stuttgart waiting a whole crowd of electric cars by the Association of Solar Stuttgart eV on us. In addition, we visit the Mercedes museum.

Here it's a reunion that I'm very moved: On the wall hangs the Mercedes-solar car, the 1985 the Tour de Sol had won. It had me when I was 14 years old, my dream of a world with solar cell inspired. Should I be happy or sad? Happy that I have this car today, coincidentally, on my second last day of my trip here think? Or sad, because the world for 20 years could have solar cars, the realization of this vision, but is further away than ever?
South from Stuttgart consists snowfall, and so strong that I no longer believe in the objective to create solar taxi. With my followers go unchecked am very cautious and prefer a long convoy of cars behind me forth. I drive too fast, I could go along with my trailer to come skidding. I think in Rottweil in the garage of Women's citizens, just before her house the snow wegräumt, an emergency shelter for a few hours.
ON-LINE TO blogs solar taxi in Poland: Waiting for Al Gore (11.12.2008) The Finale: Solar taxi provides world (04.12.2008) solar taxi in 500 days around the world taxi in the solar cell: "I see the pitch-black for Climate Protection "(25.11.2008) I decide myself, late at night proceed if the traffic is less and hopefully the streets are empty. Although then the risk exists that the temperatures fall below zero and everything still freezes. I drive around midnight on the main road further and very late to reach accommodation with my friends and Antonia Urs. Big reunion with Hassan, our tour guide us through the hot Syria and Lebanon had accompanied. Now he wants us to the last kilometers through the snow to be included.
The last stage of the old school
After only four hours of sleep's on to alleretzten stage. By 6 clock morning, I try to Zurich eingeschneite the bypass and create timely arrival in my old schoolhouse in Baar, where I think a talk again. Here I have until shortly before the start worked as a teacher. And here again I will tell how everything was - with my dream and the journey and how you can overcome difficulties, if there is a goal set.
SOLARTAXIsolartaxi.comMit the power of the sun leaves the solar taxi once around the globe - to show that it also goes without oil. Traveling with and follow the tour of electric cars on the blog in photos and videos on blogs online. Here's where we go to Solartaxi.Schließlich accompanied by six electric cars through the snowy fields of central Switzerland. Techno Park in Lucerne johlende waits a crowd, the cold and frozen fingers are forgotten. This brings me to tears almost as a last curve - the solar taxi and disappears into the crowd, again goes through a polystyrene wall and will be louder joy bombarded with snowballs. Here is my journey to an end.
Really?
No, not quite!
"What it has brought?", A journalist wants to know.
"A small team of people, almost one in ten earth dwellers encouraged to think," I reply. "And anyone who suggested to reflect, is a more of a contribution to the preservation of the planet can afford. In Malaysia, for example, after our visit on a golf course solar panels installed, so that the golf buggies with solar power can proceed. "
"Will you now back to teach?"
"With such a success, it is clear that to continue. I invite all of you to a race around the Earth with electric cars. This world with the solar taxi was just a test drive - the next time we go in 80 days around the Earth! "

No comments:

Post a Comment