Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Solar taxi represents world.

It is done: The solar taxi is the first solar operated vehicle managed to once around the world to drive. Louis Palmer and his mechanic Thomas Gottschalk are on the World Climate Change Conference in Poznan in Poland arrived.
  During the night we go with the solar taxi from Berlin to Poznan. We follow the cozy information from the GPS device. I have five sweaters and coats on, plus gloves. Nevertheless, the temperatures just above freezing. Suddenly shine before us a few blue lights on, the Federal Border is on the Lauer. I quickly understand: This deserted road is no longer in operation. I turn now, the way to Poland is another.
 
In Poland expects us Pzemo, somewhere in the south of the city, he has organized us a place. We, Juerg my passenger and I are hundemüde, after midnight when we finally have a bed and a mattress in Pzewo, in the north of the city of Poznan, please.
With the sun once around the world
17 months, exactly on the day, I am now underway. Thomas has his accommodation at a friend already found, tomorrow we should officially arrive and set the world record. The solar taxi is the first car, which is without a drop of gasoline continued to move, once drove around the World!
Photo: solar taxi Video: MIRROR TVAm next morning at 9.40 clock, I shake my next guest taxi hands. It is the Executive Secretary of UNFCCC, Yvo de Boer, the head of the UN Climate Council. And yet he did not know that I am in a few minutes with him by a styrofoam wall will go. Thomas and Juerg are still in the process of the wall outside the main entrance to assemble, while a special unit with a sniffer dog in my solar taxi behind the conference building searches.

Punctually at 9.45 clock more I with a loud honking the wall. But my passenger has less fear, that I go through the wall when I one of the countless photographers on leaving the us in the way. Shortly before our arrival a breeze blows the wall almost styrofoam, and Juerg desperately trying to erect walls to keep Thomas during the crash filmed from above. I think further on the wall, try me, no umzuwerfen photographers, and then - the bang!
The polystyrene wall is broken, Yvo de Boer next to me giggles, and the Security looks to be amused. Yes, the world is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment