Despite considerable attention for his solar taxi and enormous media response: Louis Palmer had the climate summit in Poznan more expected. Because the interest in climate change and global warming, by the financial crisis significantly decreased.
 First of all the good news: The message of the arrival of the solar taxi went around the world. I am especially pleased by the report of the Associated Press Agency, with these words came to an end: "While inside the delegates about wrestle that a reduction of greenhouse gases by 10-20 percent should be possible, it shows the solar taxi that it is possible , The exhaust gases by 100 per cent. That is what we need for the future! "
Yesterday, Thomas Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, the head of the World Climate Council, for an interview for our documentary organized. We meet Dr. Pachauri to Delhi and Bali for the third time on our trip. In Bali, nor did he said: "The awareness for the Global warming is now on an all-time high."
Today he gives something more to think: "Unfortunately, the awareness of global warming is not as strong as it should be. When you consider how much money is now worldwide in the rescue of the economy is pumped, and how much you with only one Fraction of them would be able to reduce global warming, our own future to preserve! " Yes, he admits, sometimes he was angry, because it also could not understand why some heads of state the importance of global warming can not understand it.
It was a very interesting conversation in which he aufwarf many questions: Where are the leaders when it comes to global warming is? Why bring it finished, the majority of the people for a war to mobilize, but not for the fight against climate change?
At the end Thomas asked him whether he still adjusting to life on earth still believe. Then he laughed: "Certainly, I am by nature an optimist! Otherwise I would not commit to the World jet, little sleep and under difficult conditions rush through life."
"People may no longer hear"
Then I met a journalist from a major German media house, which I of Bali even knew her. "You know, the awareness of global warming was highest in Bali." Now have so many newspaper journalists from Germany to Poland, no clever, because it is too expensive. "And the people like the issue no longer hear."
It's cold outside. And the conference does not have the charm that the Bali conference had. There is little press on the spot, and the whole mood is as if all possible quickly want to leave. Nevertheless, I see a lot of commitment, many states have introduced new proposals.
Only the U.S. is still blocked, so long as they can. And as long as that is so, will the other states to hide and durchmogeln, whispering with an insider too. Everything is waiting for a clear sign from the United States. On Friday comes Al Gore. Whether he still can einheizen something? I hope he brings good news! The conference's needed.
This morning I picked Achim Steiner, Director of the UN Environment Program, in his hotel. In Bali, he was already once been my passenger and said he was still there: "People are not lemmings! Obviously, something against global warming to do!" Today he says the future of humanity: "I see it dampened positive."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment